Friday, October 4, 2013

Survived the first week

Beside learning how to bike again and getting injured. I survived my first week working. I have become a master of laundry everyday and cleaning. Still trying to master ironing clothes and cooking. I found out that I am horrible at ironing clothes. I never ironed clothes back in Iowa. I am starting to get use to the routine everyday. (Now I understand what it is like to be a stay at home mom 24/7.) I want to do that someday when I have my first child.

brother sister love
These are the two kids. As you can see she is tackling her older brother. They are both sweet and the 20 month old is learning my name and getting use to me. I took her on a walk on Wednesday and she really enjoy it. She is full of energy though so is the 10 year old boy.

Their mom works for the Dutch government. She is like the Secretary of State and she gets to travel every where. I think in a couple of weeks she will be heading to Moscow. She is not really home often because Enschede is about 2 hours away from her job so she stays in Den Haag for the week. Dad works in an office (I'm not sure what kind.)

Back yard
 It is still so green here for being Fall. I miss the colors of fall like red, yellow and orange leaves. I guess here the leaves do not change color. The weather is cold... and I mean really cold. It is not like Iowa right now with the weird weather that you guys are having. Don't let the sunshine fool you, the wind can be harsh.

This weekend will be my first weekend off. I am meeting with another nanny today after the family leaves for a weekend get away. Her name is Linda and she is from Germany. The family said very good things about her and she has been good to their other nannies in the past. I'm hoping to go to church this Sunday (if I could find where it is located). I think the fun of it is getting lost on my bike but I have to get use to finding the house first before I decide to take off and go on an adventure on the bike in town. So this weekend will be an adventure and I am going to explore the town and meet new people.

God put me here for a reason it could be for me learn, grow and trust. I still have problem in the trusting areas especially leaving everything to God to take care of like right now. I know he will provide good fellowship for me but I just want it now.

Overall I'm done being jet lagged, now is just the fact of being home sick a lot and some days are very hard because I don't many people here yet and I wish that it was easy to call all my friends when I have a problem but its not. I know it will get easier once I start meeting people and making plans when I don't have to work and I don't plan to travel on the weekends until November.

I love you guys back home and miss you lots.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great first week. Love the yard! I pray that you can find a good church to visit on Sunday -- and find your way home again!

    ReplyDelete