Friday, October 11, 2013

Week 2 =)

To start off. I had my first weekend off. I went to the market on Saturday morning which is like the farmers market that we have at downtown Cedar Rapids but here they have it every Tuesday and Saturday. The sell a lot of fruits and veggies along with clothes and accessories.I couldn't take any pictures yet because I am still afraid of falling on my bike and breaking my camera. Hopefully next Saturday I can get some good pictures for you guys.

I went to the ITC church on Sunday. It was good but I got lost while trying to find it. It was hard for me to ask for direction because here in the Netherlands, people just assume that I speak Dutch. I stop a guy on the street and his English was not as good. He can speak 6 others languages but English was not one of them (sad). So he walk me to the Hospital because the Church was close to the Hospital. So when I found the Hospital I just walk around until I found the church.
Well at the church was like a mix of services all together, it was very long 1030 to 1200. I got a big welcome from the members there now and told them a little bit about myself. They seem nice so far. I'm home wherever I go with God =).  I'm hoping to go to their college bible study at one of the house of one member (first I have to find it).

She brings me happiness and always keep me busy
Having my first weekend alone was hard because I was not busy and the family wasn't here. I got really homesick this weekend. But luckily they will be here this weekend and I will be going to the zoo on Saturday with the mom and baby. I can't wait because I need to get out of the house more and go exploring.

I am starting to meet other nannies in the area. And some nannies are not with the agencies here because since they are a European Citizen they can go work in other countries without an agency if they wanted too. I'm looking forward to meeting these other nannies and also with the possibility of traveling with them in November. I plan on going to Eindhoven for the Glow Festival the second week of November as a treat for myself and a present to myself =). Because by that time  I will be already 25 (its less than a month away). I never thought of having a birthday abroad before without any of my closest friends but I will have find a way to enjoy that day.

We snap chat <3
Wow I can't believe I made it through my second week. Can you believe it?? I am starting a count down because I miss you guys so much and Phillip too.. Having a long distance relationship is the biggest test that I will ever face. I've learn a lot about myself this past week and will continue to learn about myself as the year progress. I know some people that can do the long distance thing but to tell you the truth this is my first long distance relationship and its difficult at times because there are days when I just need to hear his voice but I can't. I can now say he is my other half (we are both very stubborn and won't give up easily). I guess it makes me appreciate our relationship more every time we talk on the phone or Skype each other. Putting my trust and faith with God in this relationship (which is hard).50 weeks left =)

My next mission is to learn how to drive the car (manual drive) and learn dutch... I can recognize some Dutch words like "alles goed" which means how are you (I think). That is how I translate it. But I can't pronounce it yet.

Till next time... Much love from me <3

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a growing week. The "long" church service made me laugh, though -- cuz that's the same length as ours! :-) I'm sure God is using you in your host family's life and at the end of the year it will be hard to leave them. But we miss you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie!!! You have a blog! How cool. :D
    Consider yourself followed. >]

    ReplyDelete