Friday, November 29, 2013

Its been 2 months

It has been 2 months now. And oh wow, it have been a good experience so far. Yeah I know I haven't update this lately, just because I found the week to be boring or me being to tired from traveling.

The last couple of week has been busy since my last post. The baby was home every day with me well except Thursday. I felt like I didn't have enough time to myself at some time. But with her being here made it more fun because I love spending time with her. And this Sunday the family is celebrating SinterKlaas. He is like Santa Claus but he comes from Spain. Sinterklaas ends on Dec 5. So with tradition, the kids set their shoes under the fire place and they wake up the next morning to find presents. Its like Christmas but early. Sinterklaas actually means Saint Nicholas.

This weekend I won't be going any where because I have to work tomorrow so I have today off. Hopefully after this weekend I can go to the Christmas Market in Germany, I heard they are really big and its really nice there. And I can't wait to go ice skating with the boy... He tell me he is really good so he can teach me how to ice skate, hopefully I don't hurt myself.

So yesterday was Thanksgiving and of course here in Holland they don't celebrate Thanksgiving because its an American thing. But I was glad to be able to face time my family and some friends. I miss not being there to celebrate but I am always thankful for what God has given me so far. I think the toughest thing about being away would be not being there for the holiday season and I miss Christmas songs on the radio. Most people here don't decorate for Christmas until after Sinterklaas is over. I feel like time is just flying by now.

That its for now.. I hope you guys had an awesome Thanksgiving and was able to watch some football =). Love you all and miss you

No comments:

Post a Comment